We went to the University of MN to get another opinion of Sam's eye. I didn't like the doctor who performed her first two surgeries, so as a mother, I felt like I needed to go with my gut and find someone new. We met with Dr. Jill Anderson, a pediatric opthamologist. She seems great, so we decided to have her do Samantha's next surgery. Hopefully this is the last one we will ever have to do. She will have a stent placed for 4-6 months. This will hopefully help the tissue not close up right away and let it grow around the stent. It will eventually get pulled out. It will still be an outpatient procedure, but will take about 30 minutes. We decided that it needs to be done as her eye is not getting any better.
Surgery is scheduled for Thursday, October 27th. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers and your fingers crossed that this will fix her clogged tear duct!
Love,
Krista
No comments:
Post a Comment